If you are looking to make an ordinary room in your home look great, the easiest way to do this is by wall painting. The uniqueness that can be achieved by painting in a room is endless, as there are literally millions of color combinations that you can use.
Many of the ideas that follow are not only ideas for wall painting colors, but also ceiling, for curtains, furniture, carpets, flooring, and wallpaper for wall cladding. The colors are endless, and many of our ideas include pink, blue, green, lime, red, orange, black, yellow, brown and more. Ideas include designs, designs, for two colors and three colors. Take a look below at the different wall color ideas and get inspired. If you like a color or combination of colors you can look for at the wall painting palette.
Painting tip: Before you get the amount of paint you need to paint a room, it is a good idea to ask for a sample to see how it really looks on your wall. The volume of the surface and the lighting of the space can bring significant differences in how a color will show.
Basic properties and effects of colors
It is true that you will find many articles and tips on the effect of colors, what your tastes reveal about your personality and other such fun.
Unfortunately, this perspective often causes us to become overwhelmed when it’s time to start a wall painting project.
It is the least, naive for example, to talk about the color green in general, you are clean and we have only one choice, while in a single colored fan we will find at least 200 shades of it!
For this reason, when friends and acquaintances often ask Gikas Painting what would suit their space, they answer that if they do not study a space and take into account all the parameters, they will never suggest something on foot.
For the exact same reason, all I can do in an article is give some general instructions. In no case are these proposals for a professional space painting, where many more factors must be considered.
The warm wall painting colors
It is a fact that bright yellow is the first color that the human eye detects in a space. That’s why most signs are yellow. So if you want to get attention, it is a good choice, you just have to keep in mind the following:
Yellow as well as orange are associated with cheap products. It is a color that illuminates a space and creates a happy mood, in the right shade and in small quantities. Otherwise, it is just as tedious as red.
- Your anxiety, stress and impatience will intensify in a waiting room dominated by red, which has been associated with danger.
- As red tones motivate us and make us more aggressive, it should be used with caution in areas where misunderstandings and quarrels can easily arise.
- A lawyer who specializes in disputes and divorces should think hard about whether to include it in their color palette.
On the other hand, its capacity and incitement to move make it suitable for places with intense activity, such as a gym.
- Keep in mind that bright red, yellow and orange on large surfaces are not only tiring for the eyes but tend to de-tune us.
- In an area where we need to be focused for a long time doing mental work – such as study spaces, tutorials and offices – their use should be avoided or limited.
If you still want to liven up and warm a space, you can do it with shades that contain red, such as some shades of wood, but also purple-fuchsia shades.
- The more earthy shades of warm colors like coffee are suitable to create the feeling of security and intimacy and promote communication.
- The warm shades of red, orange, salmon and brown in combination with cream – beige, are ideal for restaurants and cafes.
It is known that these shades whet the appetite, since most foods have this color.
In fact, research shows that the colors of the dishes affect the taste of the dessert you eat, the coffee or the chocolate you drink.
The cool wall painting colors
In contrast, few foods are blue or lilac – so they do not predispose us to food.
So you will not feel warm and familiar, and you probably will not find particularly tasty the food in a restaurant dominated by metal, glass and exposed concrete as well as the cool shades of white, blue and cool purple combined with white lighting.
The same goes for gray and black, which is why restaurant and cafe areas dominated by these colors are likely to fail to retain their customers in the long run. Unfortunately, a wrong modern trend in my opinion, which shows the ignorance of the psychology of colors.
The color white may be associated with cleanliness and simplicity, but when it prevails in a space it creates feelings of coolness, literally and figuratively.
- Blue, absolute white and some shades of gray belong to the cool colors. Green can be quite cold to warm, depending on its yellow or blue content.
- Blue, green and turquoise are especially suitable for places where we want to calm down, relax and work together.
They are very suitable colors for health areas and generally for areas that we want to relax, because they alleviate anxiety – some claim that they reduce the feeling of pain. They are also ideal options for beauty salons, hairdressers and spas.
But be careful to combine them with warm shades of wood and not with cold whites and grays, to avoid an icy result – another common mistake I notice.
Combined with a pale warm and earthy shade, they create an ideal atmosphere for relaxation – think of a sunny beach.
Also, these 2 colors are the most favorite of men and women. They refer to water and nature in general, such as coffee to the earth, soil and plants.
- Blue is associated with security and reliability, which is why you will find it in many company logos.
- Green, again, has been linked to nature and ecology. If you want to emphasize your ecological awareness or emphasize that your products are natural, it is essential.
In general, the pale shades of cool colors indicate a larger space
There are, however, warm blues and greens and cool yellows and browns, depending on their content in other shades.
- Purple for example, consisting of blue and red basically, can be quite warm if it contains enough red or tends to be cold if blue predominates.
- Neutral shades are also necessary in a space, the absolute multicolor is tiring. But they must also be used correctly and without exaggeration.
- Black as well as dark charcoal are imposing, they refer to expensive services (when it comes to products), but they must be used with caution, especially when dealing with small and not very bright areas.
They are suitable if you want to display something with bright colors, such as a painting, furniture or object, creating a theatrical atmosphere.
However, I would suggest avoiding black and dark gray on walls or large surfaces. Setting the customer up against a black or dark charcoal wall is not a very smart choice. You will make him feel sad and you certainly do not want to associate your space with negative emotions.
Unfortunately, we have seen this wall painting trend prevail in recent years, but it is completely wrong, for many reasons.